Aamir comes from film industry background as his father was a film producer and his uncle was also a film-maker. His great grand uncle Abul Kalam Azad was a popular Indian freedom fighter as he led the Khilafat Movement and was an ardent supporter of Mahatma Gandhi. He has named his younger son Azad Rao Khan in the memory of his great grand uncle.
His father’s film productions were a flop in a majority, which led to poor financial conditions. He told that at that time, there were around 30 calls a day from lenders calling for money and he was always at risk of being expelled from school for not paying fees.
|Favourite Food(s)||Indian and Moghlai dishes, Dal and rice|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar, Daniel Day Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Govinda|
|Favourite Actresses||Waheeda Rehman, Geeta Bali, Madhubala, Sridevi|
|Favourite Restaurant(s)||Frangipani at the Trident (Mumbai), India Jones (Mumbai)|
|Favourite Fruit(s)||Banana, Apple|
|Favourite Tennis Player||Roger Federer|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani|
|Favourite Cricketer(s)||Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly|
|Favourite Writer||Lav Nikolayevich Tolstoy|
|Favourite Game||Settlers Of Catan|
|Favourite Song||Oh Re Taal Mile from the film Anokhi Raat (1968)|
|Favourite Sport(s)||Tennis, Cricket|
Qualifications: 12th Standard
Kids: Sons- Junaid Khan (from First Wife), Azad Rao Khan (from Second Wife), Daughter- Ira Khan (from First Wife)
Annual Income: ₹60 crore/film
Net Worth: ₹1302 Crore ($200 Million)
Aamir was the first choice for movies Darr, Swades, Saajan, and Hum Aapke Hain Koun, which later went to Shah Rukh Khan, Sanjay Dutt, and Salman Khan and turned out to be blockbusters.
- Aamir doesn’t believe in showbiz and maintains uniformity in his birthday celebration. Each year, he cuts his cake and then relishes a dinner with his family. Moreover, he takes a resolution every year on his birthday to quit smoking but ends up breaking it.
- In an interview, Aamir disclosed that Abhijaat Joshi is working on the sequel of 3 Idiots, which might hit the theatres around 2020.
- He was featured in the Time Magazine’s list- “100 Most Influential People in The World” in 2013.
- Her wife Kiran revealed on Koffee With Karan that Aamir hates taking a shower and has an eating disorder.
- For his movie Dangal, he was first asked to gain 28kgs of weight and then lost 25 kg in the time duration of 5-6 months to play younger Mahavir Singh Phogat, and he was personally trained by Rahul Bhatt.
- He is also an amazing videographer; as he has shot the wedding ceremony of Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna in 2001.
- Aamir usually explains the meaning of his favourite song “Oh Re Taal Mile” from the film “Anokhi Raat” to every other person he talks with.
- Besides acting, he has also been an official ambassador of UNICEF.
Listening Old Music, Watching Movies, Playing Chess, Tennis and Cricket