Farhan Akhtar belongs to a family of poets and writers; as his grandfather, Jan Nisar Akhtar was an Urdu poet, who was the great-grandson of the poet Muztar Khairabadi. Since his childhood, he has that bug of acting in himself, as he used to roam around in the house with a toy gun thinking that villains are there.
He was a very naughty and mysterious child; as once her mom told that while she was busy in her meeting, Farhan came and asked to bath in her room, to which she agreed. Later, she found that Farhan was bathing on her bed with a tub and mug in his hand.
In his teens, he worked as a film distributor for Yash Raj Films and then he worked for 3 years at Script Shop under the team of advertisement production. Initially, he worked as an assistant director in films such as Lamhe and Himalay Putra.
Farhan was the first choice for the film Rang De Basanti, but later it went to Aamir Khan. Farhan wrote “Dil Chahta Hai” when his mother gave him an ultimatum that she will throw him out of the house if he didn’t do anything with his life.
In 2002, he appeared as one of the nine judges in Femina Miss India, a famous beauty pageant.
His sister revealed many secrets about him in an interview; she told that Farhan used to watch a lot of movies in his childhood and if he liked the film, he used to get into his favourite character and roam around in the house for days or even weeks.
|Debut||Film (Director): Dil Chahta Hai (2001)
Film (Actor): Rock On!! (2008)
Film (Producer): Don (2006)
|Address||Sea Spring Bungalow No 1, B J Road, Bandstand, Mumbai – 400050|
|Hobbies||Collecting Gadgets, Singing|
2002: Critics Award for Best Movie, Best Screenplay for Dil Chahta Hai
2009: Best Male Debut for Rock On!!
2012: Best Supporting Actor for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
2014: Best Actor for Bhaag Milkha BhaagNational Awards
2002: Best Feature Film in Hindi for Dil Chahta Hai
2009: Best Feature Film in Hindi for Rock On!!
|Tattoo||On his right shoulder: dolphin/shark|
Qualifications: High School
Kids: Daughters: Shakya & Akira
Affairs: Adhuna Bhabani (Hair stylist)
Annual Income: ₹10 crore/film
Net Worth: ₹140 Crores ($22 Million)
His favourite genre is action in acting, and he once told that in his childhood, he was so curious to do stunts and action that he punched on his sister’s nose by mistake. He is the ambassador of UN Women’s Goodwill.
- His ex-wife Adhuna is seven years elder to him, they both dated for three years before getting married in 2000.
- He is a travel buff and also has a sweet tooth. He can do anything for maintaining his fitness, but he cannot avoid eating sweet dishes.
- The tattoo on his right shoulder was made by mistake, as he was drunk and went to a shop and had it.
- Farhan has also appeared in various advertisements for multitudinous brands like Pureit, Chivas Regal, Britannia Nutri Choice Biscuits, IndusInd Bank, Dulux Paint, and Titan Industries, etc.
- His sister, Zoya revealed that Farhan is very good at lying.
Swimming, Shopping, Watching movies, Watery Sports