Salman Khan first leading breakthrough role in Bollywood came with Maine Pyaar Kiya, which was one of India’s highest grossing films at that time. Moreover, this was his first film with Reema Lagoo too, which later made their pair very much famous as mother and son.
He rejected the negative lead role offered to him by Abbas-Mustan in his film- Baazigar, which later went to Shah Rukh Khan and made him popular.
His father wanted him to become a cricketer, but he aspired to be a writer and has also written films like Veer and Chandramukhi. Moreover, the story line of the film Baaghi: A Rebel for Love was based on Salman’s idea for which he was given credit in the film.Home Town: Mumbai (he spent his childhood in Indore & Gwalior)
Qualifications: College Drop-Out
Kids: Son- None Daughter- None
Affairs: Iulia Vantur
Religion: He identifies himself as both Hindu and Muslim; he says “I’m Hindu and Muslim both. I’m Bharatiya (an Indian). My father is Muslim and my mother is Hindu.”
Annual Income: ₹60 Crore/film
Net Worth: $300 Million (₹1950 Crore)
Salman is an ambassador for various shoe brands, but still, he prefers going barefoot in his life. His phenomenal performance in ‘Dabangg’ made him popular by his character’s name- Chulbul Pandey.
- He has two pet horses named Bajrangi and Bhaijaan and also two dogs named My son and My Jaan.
- He once told in an interview that he has never seen reviews of his movie and he actually doesn’t care about it.
- His hosting skills in the Bigg Boss-Season 4 was a big commercial success, which even outdid the Amitabh Bachchan‘s hosting in Bigg Boss 3. After his successful journey of season 4, he hosted all the other seasons of Bigg Boss series.
- One of his fans has opened a restaurant named “Bhaijaanz” in Mumbai in which the interiors are decorated with Salman Khan’s posters, and all his favourite dishes are on the menu.
- Salman doesn’t have an email-id in his name, as he prefers communicating face to face or verbally on phone rather than electronically via e-mails.
- Apart from his incredible contributions towards film industry, he owns a charitable organisation named “Being Human Foundation, which focuses on health care and education. All the profit generated from the sale of the watches he design, Being Human T-shirts, and his paintings, go to the foundation.
Swimming, Shopping, Watching movies, Watery Sports, Reading, Dancing